The President-Elect serves as “President in training.” The priorities of this office include planning for the next year’s events and meetings (including, but not limited to the Annual Conference and monthly Board meetings), connecting with member that would be engaging leaders for the next Board year as officer or as chairpersons, coordinating fundraising efforts and responding to NEOA/COE issues. The President-Elect also chairs the Development Committee. The President-Elect serves with the same powers as the President in the event that the President becomes incapacitated or resigns.
The President-Elect serves as the chair of this ad-hoc committee. The Development committee shall be responsible for developing and implementing strategies aimed at enhancing the fiscal resources available to the Association and to educational opportunity programs. The main responsibility of this committee is to identify, build relationships, and implement fundraising for the Association.
- Attend Board orientation in November and additional meeting scheduled by the Board.
- Serve on Finance Committee
- Work with Vice President to select site for following year’s conference, getting 3 contracts for viable options for the Board to consider for best location, cost, and engagement
- Represent the President and membership as needed at statewide events
- Shadow President/meet with President throughout Board year to prepare for President role
- Attend meetings of the various committees to learn about the activities they are planning or conducting and assist committee members in achieving their goals
- Actively contribute to and participate in all Board activities and discussions
- Contribute information from committee to newsletter/website/social media as appropriate.
- Work with the Professional Development committee and Past President to host an annual directors’ retreat; maintain directory of contact information for TRIO, GEAR UP and EOP directors
- Hold Educational Opportunity Program 101 session at annual MEOA conference and an online session during the academic year. Include TRIO/GEAR UP/EOP history and advocacy (twice annually). Use NEOA/COE resources to develop webinar version to post
- Work with the President, Treasurer, and Finance Committee to develop and maintain the fiscal infrastructure needed to strengthen and sustain MEOA. [Revise using the Treasurer’s job description once finalized
Development Committee Responsibilities
- Establish a Development committee consisting of diverse members, with representation of pre-college and college-focused programs and project levels (i.e., administrators and direct student support professionals)
- Serve on the Finance committee
- Submit a budget request to President and Finance committee for Board approval during the second Board meeting
- Maintain and foster relationships with existing funders and supporters
- Prepare letters and other communication for underwriting sources to support major MEOA activities and events
- Solicit new sources of financial support for MEOA initiatives